If you’ve ever walked through automatic doors at businesses across the valley that seem to magically open when you approach, you know how convenient they are. But what happens when these doors malfunction and cause you an injury? That’s where Moss Berg Injury Law come in – if you’ve been hurt by an automated door in Las Vegas or Henderson, you may need an attorney to help you navigate the legal complexities.
Here’s what you need to know about automated door injuries:
- How Do Automated Door Injuries Happen?
Automated door injuries can occur due to various reasons, including:
- Malfunctioning Sensors: Doors failing to detect a person’s presence and closing unexpectedly.
- Abrupt Door Movements: Doors opening or closing too quickly, catching people off guard.
- Obstructions: Objects or debris blocking the door’s path, causing it to malfunction.
- Faulty Maintenance: Neglected maintenance and repairs leading to door system failures.
- Types of Injuries:
Automated door injuries can range from minor scrapes to more severe injuries such as:
- Pinched fingers or hands
- Crush injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bruising and contusions
- Fractures and broken bones
- Immediate Steps to Take:
If you ever find yourself injured by an automated door, here’s what you should do:
- Seek immediate medical attention if the injury is severe.
- Report the incident to the property owner, manager, or security personnel.
- Document the scene by taking pictures of the door, any hazards, and your injuries.
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses who saw the incident occur.
- Legal Considerations:
If you believe negligence on the part of the property owner or maintenance provider contributed to your automated door injury, you may have legal recourse to seek compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. It’s advisable to consult with a personal injury attorney to evaluate your case.
While automated doors offer convenience in our daily lives, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks they pose and to know what steps to take if you ever find yourself injured due to a malfunctioning or poorly maintained automated door.
If you ever get injured by an automated door, do not hesitate to contact Moss Berg Injury Law for a free consultation.