by admin




When your child is at a daycare center, he or she should be under constant supervision of the center’s licensed and trained staff. Negligence or abuse could cause your child to be injured, so it is important to take action and protect your child’s rights.

What to Do If Your Child Is Hurt at Daycare

Many parents rely upon daycare centers to care for their children while they are at work or school. Daycare centers must be licensed and have staff members who are trained and certified. If your child is injured at a daycare center because of negligence or abuse, it is important to take action and contact a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas to protect your child’s rights.

Seek Medical Treatment

It is important to seek medical treatment for your child. Even what looks like a small bruise could be significant internal injuries. For a seemingly minor injury, take your child to a pediatrician. After hours, urgent care or emergency room care may be necessary. If you think it is an emergency situation, do not hesitate to take your child to the hospital to receive care. Be sure to have the injuries fully documented in your child’s chart and ask for a copy of the write-up.

File a Police Report

File a police report as soon as possible. You may even wish to do this before leaving the daycare center. The police report should document the time and location of the daycare center. The report should include who was in charge of your child, the center operator’s information and license details. The report should also document the harm your child experienced.

File a Complaint Against the Daycare

You may also need to file a complaint against the daycare center. The negligent behavior of the staff could affect other children. The facility may need an inspection or checkup on the license and staff. You may find out that there has been a history of complaints. If you do not receive the response you desire, you might wish to contact an attorney. A qualified legal professional may be able to take your case to court for medical expenses, pain and suffering of your child.