by admin



Filing a Claim Due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of the more common types of workplace injuries. It often occurs when someone performs the same repetitive tasks and motions on a daily basis. This type of injury can cause pain in your wrist, fingers and hand that shoots up your arm. Your employer is responsible for paying into a workers’ compensation fund and cannot fire you due to your injury. Speaking to a doctor and an attorney can help you prove your case.

Make a Doctor’s Appointment

Making an appointment with your doctor is the first step towards proving that you have sustained a real injury. The doctor may take X-rays and perform other tests to determine the severity of your carpal tunnel syndrome. This condition often affects those who work cash registers and perform lots of computer work. Your doctor will suggest some of the best treatments for you. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may need to undergo surgery and take some time off from work.

Consult With an Attorney

Many people assume that a personal injury attorney can only help them in cases where they injured themselves in public. However, this type of lawyer can also assist with other types of injuries, such as ones that happen at work. Any proof that you can provide may help your case. An attorney can draft a letter to your employer that lets the company know you now have legal representation. That letter alone may be enough to incite your employer to give you paid time off or agree to your workers’ compensation request.

Heal Yourself

Whether you need surgery or another type of treatment, you need to give yourself time to heal and recover. You may need to change the duties that you do at work when you come back because of the brace you may need to wear on your hand. An experienced attorney can keep your employer from seeking retribution against you because of your injury.